Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Technical > help in synchronizing: t68 + outlook xp via ma-600 ir

Author help in synchronizing: t68 + outlook xp via ma-600 ir
trunk_ph
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2002-01-29 18:43
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
hello all,

could anyone please help me sync my t68 with outlook xp via infrared?

i've installed the xtend connect pc software found at the sonyericsson website and i've been trying unsuccessfully for days now to establish a connection between my t68 and pc using infrared (ma-600). upon software installation, xtend connect starts the synchronization cycle for about a minute then hangs with an alert saying that it is "unable to detect the phone." however, the windows system tray ir icon confirms that the "t68 is in range."

i've already tried the following measures:

1.) uninstalled/re-installed xtend connect --> making sure that all components (mobile modem settings, communications suite, etc.) have been completely uninstalled before re-installing, but same thing happens;

2.) lowered baud rate of ma-600 --> same effect, i've even tried re-starting the pc each time i lower the baud rate a notch, no diff;

3.) troubleshot the ir --> ensured that correct windows xp driver for ma-600 has been installed, as found on their website; was able to send images to the phone using regular "righ-click>send to>ir recipient" (hence confirming that it is working fine); mobile action's handset manager recognizes the phone and syncs seamlessly;

i even tried the "t65 package" as suggested by other users (since it also has sms/phone settings manager) with the same frustrating effect.

mobile action's handset manager for t68 would have been ok if not for the fact that it doesn't have calendar/tasks, and its sms manager doesn't work as well as desired (won't download sms messages from the phone to the pc, although it can send sms through the pc.) besides, even if it did have a calendar/tasks, i wouldn't wanna be using another pim.

my firmware version's r2a and my pc runs windows xp/office xp.

any help/tips would be highly appreciated.
igloo
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-07-08 16:34
Can't connect PC to T68 using Ericsson's XTND software on Windows XP Outlook 2002 with Bluetooth (built-in to Toshiba Satellite 5100-201).
Like many users I get BT to work, with 'connected' indicated for laptop and T68, then when I start synchronisation from Outlook I get message "phone not connected".

From reviewing the forum this problem seems to have been running for over 6 months. Ericsson tell me it's because their software doesn't yet work with XP.

Anyone found reliable solution please?
Rickstur
P800 no flip
PM
Posted: 2002-07-08 17:13
Not all true!!

I work with windows xp and outlook 97 (i know the old shit), but it works like a charm.
marcsteinemann
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2002-07-09 21:46
I got xp and outlook on my pc. before i updated from t68m to i xp crashed with a bsod when connecting the phone to the ericsson usb cable.
since the update it works (at least 15 times connected w/o bsod)

On the laptop it looks quite different. Sometimes I managed to synchronize via infrared. I think it works mostly if you end xtndc and connect the phone. but ericsson should really work on that, as I get annoyed with their suff when I can't use it for my daily work.
I'm unfortunately no longer just a techno freak that likes to play around with expensive equipment....
Laughing_git
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-10-17 12:45
I have a T65 and want to synchronize over USB with a laptop running XP. No chance though because XP drivers for external Ericsson modems do not exist. Or does anyone know different?
Laughing_git
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-10-17 12:46
by the way if anyone know the answer to this problem please mail me at laughing_git@yahoo.com. thanks
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi