Author SONY Xperia Rumors 2013 Edition
vikeviki
K810 Blue
PM
Posted: 2013-07-11 10:33
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2013-07-11 09:31:00, stook wrote:
@vikeviki
not mine to share. Just got to hold it/use it briefly. If you have any specific questions I can try to answer.

The proto did not have the IR

OK,why there is so much bezel wasted around it and what is the reason to have large bezel and what might be the camera ability,will it match close to RX100 or just Nokia EOS(Old/New).do you have any sample pics of Honami taken.

apart from that what did you saw on the backside,hows it ,glass panel or textured matte.
Shotokan81
Apple iPhone 3GS
PM
Posted: 2013-07-11 10:40

On 2013-07-11 04:22:57, Supa_Fly wrote:
Relativity is most manufactures sell you the item you want with an item you can use as a packaged benefit: CPU+RAM/Storage = better economies of scale in volume, along with the volume delivered on time. When have we heard Samsung have RAM delivery issues besides what was caused by natural disasters (many of which killed off a least 4 of the competition that if survived would've made SSD in our laptops much cheaper years ago, along with our smartphones and tablets). Also that 8-core or multi-core whatever it is is quite comparable to what Qualcomm is delivering. Lastly LG usually gets the dibs (by paying mega $$) to Qualcomm to be the first to have volume of their latest and greatest cpu's for launch; been this way for about 4-5yrs now, and again Aug 7th, just before Sony. No more waiting for exclusitivity - we all hate that with phones on our carriers so why should the manufacturer of a complete product have to deal with it in sourcing their parts?! Dealing with this increases the cost of their supply chain as waiting costs money in the assembly line = amortization!

PS: I should've elaborated more in my first quote above yours, apologies.

I just hope Sony leaves the thin book-like sharp edged design and soon. The hardware and looks are great, but not feeling specific emphasis on rectangular shapes.

No worries mate.
The package argument is valid, but then i think qualcom has an advantage with the integrated modems.
Apple understood the issue of getting too much parts from a direct competitior, i hope Sony won't fall into the same trap.

Samsung makes good components, but this is a very thin margin business, volume is important and losing apple is not a good news, so while they make goog components they do not always take the good decisions, and this can have a huge impact on them.

Happy to hear the good news on Honami sensor.

It seems more people now expect an October roll-out, I wonder who will be first to get it?
本当に良い刀は鞘に入っている
stook
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2013-07-11 10:46
@vikeviki
Prototype back was glass -same as Z.

The top bezel seems to be big for CPU and camera sensor
Bottom big bezel? For symmetric reasons?

Its a bit wider than Z due to the metallic diamond cut edge. I did not like the black colour in the middle of the edge - or if its black the without colour could be thinner. If you look this picture you will see what I mean
http://static.xperiablog.net/[....]oads/2013/06/Sony-Honami_3.jpg
So IMO it would be nicer if there is no black bar or the black bar is a bit wider. But I still want one

The proto samples probably are not good as real ones but I will try get some
Xajel
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2013-07-11 11:13
To all who knows,

Will Honami has the same bad shatter proof sheet over the display ?

While it was a good idea, but it just removed the idea of having dragontail glass that resist scratches...

competitors has a better implementation of these, it has both but it very resistible to scratches...
randomuser
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2013-07-11 11:33

Nokia EOS low light sample

Very unimpressive. Honami will easily destroy EOS for low light imaging if the above is indicative of final EOS low light performance
kurtdean
Sony Xperia Z5 Compact
PM
Posted: 2013-07-11 11:36
^

Those nokia fans ask us to wait for the final unit
[ This Message was edited by: kurtdean on 2013-07-11 11:18 ]
CrownedAkuma
Sony Xperia Z2
PM
Posted: 2013-07-11 12:02
^^^^
I honestly exptected way more than this... still a lot of rumor and that strange yellow light it's not looking good.... really I thaught the Lumia 1020 would be a beast in the photo segment... but it seems not...
Still it's WAAAAAAAAAAY better thanm XZ, S4 or HTC One... and it's a phone so it's really good
Waiting to see Honami and how it will perform... High Hopes here
kurtdean
Sony Xperia Z5 Compact
PM
Posted: 2013-07-11 12:10
I think we should wait for the final unit then jump into conclusion heheh
razec
W800
PM
Posted: 2013-07-11 12:28
I think for a P&S replacement Nokia EOS's output is already great, and I think Honami won't be that much better than that, but still those smartphones are groundbreaking in their own way, my P&S cameras never makes a noise free photo at flashless nightshots even at base ISO. I'm not expecting any smartphone cameras to produce lowlight shots as good as my Canon EOS.
10 years at Esato
reeflotz
Hazel
PM
Posted: 2013-07-11 13:35
Well the problem is the 808 suddenly set the bar ridiculously high for a camera on a phone, so people would expect that newer tech that is advertised as camera centric should beat or equal the 808. For me personally it's completely ok if Honami does not match the 808 but it has to be at least near it's image quality. Something like c901 quality on higher megapixels would be great, but of course I'm hoping it'll be way better
Hazel J20i [Bricked], Sony Xperia Go
reeflotz.blogspot.com
reeflotz@deviantart
CrownedAkuma
Sony Xperia Z2
PM
Posted: 2013-07-11 13:46

On 2013-07-11 13:35:30, reeflotz wrote:
Well the problem is the 808 suddenly set the bar ridiculously high for a camera on a phone, so people would expect that newer tech that is advertised as camera centric should beat or equal the 808. For me personally it's completely ok if Honami does not match the 808 but it has to be at least near it's image quality. Something like c901 quality on higher megapixels would be great, but of course I'm hoping it'll be way better

+1 YEP excactly this!!! The 808 was reallyyyyy a beast! that was a real cameraphone... well we will just wait and see...
reeflotz
Hazel
PM
Posted: 2013-07-11 13:56
There was just one big problem with 808, it's selling point was just the camera, nothing else, unlike Honami if all rumored specs make it to the final product it's selling point will be all of it's features
Hazel J20i [Bricked], Sony Xperia Go
reeflotz.blogspot.com
reeflotz@deviantart
CrownedAkuma
Sony Xperia Z2
PM
Posted: 2013-07-11 14:10
And guys.... if Honami and Lumia 1020 will disappoint us... well we could just go with Samsung s4 Zoom no?... surely it will make good photo at least...

Just joking guys... I didn't go insane
vikeviki
K810 Blue
PM
Posted: 2013-07-11 14:31
Thanks Stook.

@Aurelius,you mean it will have bad camera.
XperiaJunkie
Sony Xperia Z
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-07-11 14:31
It will very interesting to see a cameraphone shoot between the Honami and the 1020. The only thing the 1020 has is a very good camera and thats about it were as the Honami will be a full multimedia device ie. camera, screen, music just to name a few would be interesing to see a side by side spec sheet from the Honami (XR5 specs) next to the 1020 confirmed specs.
I'm so happy 'cause today
I've found my friends ...
They're in my head
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 904905906 ... 122712281229  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic