Add to Bookmarks
Author SONY Xperia Rumors 2013 Edition
smclion102
T610
PM
Posted: 2013-08-22 17:24
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2013-08-22 16:24:29, aurelius wrote:
I just got off phone with a close friend saying that we will be surprised by 'honami'....he wouldn't tell me though.

I wonder whether we'll actually get a Xenon anyway...oh I'm excited!!

If I was SONY I would really be as secret as possible with that! Remember that every single honami out there is a prototype in some way!

Gah, can't wait!

I KNEW IT SONY AND KAZ FTW
T610i-K700i-K750i-W700i-W810i-W560i-P1i-W910i-G900i-W595i-X10mini-Cedar-Xperia U-Xperia S-XZ Premimum
MNX1024
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-08-22 17:27

On 2013-08-22 17:08:52, Shotokan81 wrote:

On 2013-08-22 16:39:33, kurtdean wrote:

On 2013-08-22 16:24:29, aurelius wrote:
I just got off phone with a close friend saying that we will be surprised by 'honami'....he wouldn't tell me though.

I wonder whether we'll actually get a Xenon anyway...oh I'm excited!!

If I was SONY I would really be as secret as possible with that! Remember that every single honami out there is a prototype in some way!

Gah, can't wait!

And don't forget about 2/3 sensor

Lol guys, don't raise expectations again, we were quietly waiting...

I can't wait either, i hope the surprise is not windows phone!!!

If not the 2/3 sensor, I hope at least xenon AND IR blaster.
supercoolman
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-08-22 17:32

On 2013-08-22 17:23:13, MyP910 wrote:

On 2013-08-22 17:05:27, supercoolman wrote:

On 2013-08-22 16:57:16, MyP910 wrote:

On 2013-08-22 16:14:05, Shotokan81 wrote:

On 2013-08-22 13:23:32, randomuser wrote:
Sony IS considering making WP based smartphone (with S800 chipset) but a final decision has not been made.

That would be THE One Sony... I will never buy !!

Sony, be smart, fork Ubuntu touch or other open source OS not needing a VM, Optimise the OS for your brilliant Hardware, and then you get closer or beyond what apple does, and you control security and can sell to professionals.

You do not need M$ Windows Phone 8, don't beleive a word of what Balmer tells you!
They don't even have youtube...

To be honest, I don't understand why people hate win8 so much. To me, windows 8 is the best windows OS ever produced by Microsoft. Eventhough I don't like Microsoft, but I really like windows 8 and to the extent WP8. If you have tried Windows 8 or WP8 camera apps, you will surprise at the speed of that apps and the fluidic integration with album. Not even iOS or Android can beat that.

The only and only problem with WP8 is apps. Its lacking.

if that's the only issue, NOKIA wouldn't be saying they can't have 1020 using its full potential to take good picture just like 808?

I'm not talking about the camera quality. I'm talking about the camera apps UI, speed and integration with photo album. If you have vaio duo 11, you can click the camera apps, snap picture and swipe to see the picture in merely 2-3s and you can go back between camera mode and album mode in 1s. I've never seen any other OS that can do this fast.

or, name me any other PC OS that can boot the pc from complete shutdown in 5s.

sorry for the OT.
[ This Message was edited by: MyP910 on 2013-08-22 16:26 ]

I prefer OS that can use full hardware potential over OS doing things a little bit fast any day. we talk about phone, this forum is about phone, why are you taking comparison against PC and going OT?
Shotokan81
Apple iPhone 3GS
PM
Posted: 2013-08-22 17:50

On 2013-08-22 17:32:57, supercoolman wrote:

I prefer OS that can use full hardware potential over OS doing things a little bit fast any day. we talk about phone, this forum is about phone, why are you taking comparison against PC and going OT?

Supercoolman, sorry i made a joke on Windows phone, it is just a joke, please don't feed a debate on it.

MYP910: Steve, I recognize you !!
Lol, don't take it bad, OS preference is relative.
I find windows Phone & RT ugly, and why the hell do they need 2?
To ensure more fragmentation in their inexistent app universe?
I find Windows 8 ugly and confusing.
As I said this is relative.
However, the fact they don't sell phones, they don't sell tablets and they sell much less PCs must have to do with what I say...

To bring this back to topic, please no xperia windows phone!
Guys, this is the moment to clearly let sony know if you would buy one or not!
[ This Message was edited by: Shotokan81 on 2013-08-22 16:52 ]
本当に良い刀は鞘に入っている
itsjustJOH
Sony Xperia L
PM
Posted: 2013-08-22 17:53
Uh, guys, protip: you can edit your quotes or use '@' or '^' to indicate to whom you are replying, just so we won't have to scroll that much.

Anyway, OT but may be related to Honami:

HTC Butterfly S battery life, this is how a 3200 mAh battery can supply a 5" 1080p phone just to give us an idea or a basis for comparison for the battery life of the Honami.
razec
W800
PM
Posted: 2013-08-22 17:55
Surprise? hmm maybe Honami has a twin?
10 years at Esato
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-08-22 18:00
ha. don't get everyone too excited razec.

it's nice to hear that a "source" seems to think we'll be surprised. but i'm not getting my hopes up. i have a feeling we will see what we expect to see with maybe one or two small surprises like.. "on sale globally next week!"

i guess that'd be a big surprise..
moogoo
Nokia 5160 -> Nokia 8260 -> SE T68i -> SE K700i -> SE Z710 -> SE Xperia X10a -> Sony Xperia S -> Sony Xperia Z1 -> Sony Xperia XZ -> Sony Xperia XZ Premium -> Sony Xperia 1ii
Ricky D
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-08-22 18:01
IF I was a betting man, I'd put money on any Windows Phone from Sony being dubbed VAIO and conversely when android is ready to step up to laptop style devices I'd expect the Xperia name to follow it.

And, before I hear 'but X1 had Windows blah blah blah..', that was a different era.
I have a dig bick
You read that wrong
Shotokan81
Apple iPhone 3GS
PM
Posted: 2013-08-22 18:08
[raising expectations]
@Razec: Like the one you rendered, a cameraphone with a 2/3 sensor and a xenon flash, the mystery phone?
[/raising expectations]

Ahhhh! no man stop raising our expectations, let's be reasonable it is just a phone!

[lowering expectations]
@moogoo: a big surprise, but first i hope it is a good surprise!! Surprise could be both ways
[/lowering expectations]

This phone cannot come too early... But let's enjoy the final moments of this long wait!
本当に良い刀は鞘に入っている
CrownedAkuma
Sony Xperia Z2
PM
Posted: 2013-08-22 18:10
Just noticed how much the new I/O button in Xperia '13 phones resembles the PSVITA I/O button
Again... I love this button

Anhyway I'm not believing in a Sony x WP8... if I would bet on a Xperia Firefox OS (maybe Dual booting with Android)... they already showed it running on the Xperia E, I cannot immagine how much it could run smooth on something with the power of honami!!!

OT:
I'm considering buying a PSVITA now that the price has been reduced (I'm not interested in the possible new version and anyway I do not think they would announce it till E3, TGS is not the place for this kind of announcement) soooo? does anyone here have it? would you suggest me buying it? how is it after the 2.6 update? How is it as a media player?
Just PM me With your answer, maybe It's better in order to avoid OT thanks!
[ This Message was edited by: CrownedAkuma on 2013-08-22 17:43 ]
MyP910
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2013-08-22 18:41

On 2013-08-22 17:50:41, Shotokan81 wrote:

On 2013-08-22 17:32:57, supercoolman wrote:

Supercoolman, sorry i made a joke on Windows phone, it is just a joke, please don't feed a debate on it.

MYP910: Steve, I recognize you !!
Lol, don't take it bad, OS preference is relative.
I find windows Phone & RT ugly, and why the hell do they need 2?
To ensure more fragmentation in their inexistent app universe?
I find Windows 8 ugly and confusing.
As I said this is relative.
However, the fact they don't sell phones, they don't sell tablets and they sell much less PCs must have to do with what I say...

To bring this back to topic, please no xperia windows phone!
Guys, this is the moment to clearly let sony know if you would buy one or not!
[ This Message was edited by: Shotokan81 on 2013-08-22 16:52 ]

The reason why I talk about PC because we were talking about Xperia with WP8 and Windows 8 (the metro UI) is similar to WP8 and share the same experience.

The capability of utilizing full hardware potential is just a matter of optimizing and we are not sure who to be blame for the poor camera performance either Nokia or microsoft. For me, I prefer OS that can provide super duper blazing fast and fluidic experience with no lag at all at all time and it is not a `little bit fast'. I think, this will show the strength of the OS.

The look of the interface is subjective. I know a lot of people don't like Metro UI but compared to other previous windows OS, the performance is as night and day.

I wouldn't mind if sony want to try WP8 xperia.
Ambroos
Sony Xperia Z1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-08-22 19:34
1. An Xperia Windows Phone is not happening any time soon.
2. There are a few phones being prepared, Honami is only one of them. I know there are at least two more that are in the final stages of development (software being finished).
3. Honami will not have a Xenon flash and all the specs we know are correct. It's basically a Z Ultra with a smaller display and a different camera. Not many other differences.
sami92a
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-08-22 19:40

On 2013-08-22 19:34:43, Ambroos wrote:

2. There are a few phones being prepared, Honami is only one of them. I know there are at least two more that are in the final stages of development (software being finished).

Do you know anything about the other phones that are getting prepared to release? are they Mid or lowend?
auchengyu
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2013-08-22 20:56

On 2013-08-22 14:58:28, Ricky D wrote:
Is anyone here going to go to the Beijing event. I'd like to try and go and represent the esato forum so long as no-one else is going under the same guise.

that is indeed GREAT Ricky! I live in Shanghai, so cant go there.
Hope you could represent us and give us the latest info im sure it will be everywhere on digi forum and weibo by then haha~ honami is 100% my next phone already, or I should say Z1 (for now)

Cheers!
D.B.C
CrownedAkuma
Sony Xperia Z2
PM
Posted: 2013-08-22 21:06
OT:
guys... I was seraching for a new walkmann to buy last month, beacause my old A series left me
So I decided to buy an E series... the E575... but then I forgot to buy it and time passed... just today I checked if the price raised or lowered... and I find that Sony released two new E series walkman
Now I will just buy this... the E585 http://www.sony.it/product/nws-e-series/nwz-e585#tab
It has 77 HOURS of PLAYTIME! not too bad and aluminium frame...

So SONY still works on the walkmann brand, this two E series have been released right now, on the 20 of july!!!
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic