Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > SE want our help!!!

Author SE want our help!!!
AndyM
S700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-06-17 22:57
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
My ideas

1) More customisation - shortcuts arn't that much of a short cut. Pressing and holding 5 for example on my old Siemens c35 could take you to your inbox. Also the LED, some people hate it, some cant live without it, so why not make it customisable? Or at least on/off.

2) Message tone - don't like the high pitch tone, don't hear the click. I understand this has changed on newer phones though.

3) Better call list information - would like to know the time AND date. Also information for sent SMS's such as time and date sent, and whether it was received or not if your using the status reports.

4) More speed - either faster menu speeds or removing unnecessary stages. For example if I want to call a contact in my phonebook that has only one number saved, I still have to press yes on their name, then yes on their number. Why can't I just select their name and it calls the default number, because its the only number!

I'm only goin on my T65, some of this may not be relevant on the newer models. I'll find out when my t610 arrives!
Law
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2003-06-18 00:52
@b-chill: Good initiative. Hopefully this results in a useful list of suggestions.

@Lars: thanks

I find the design on the T39 and T610 quite nice. The T68m has a pretty cheap finish. But the rest of the SE phones look pretty boring and brick like.

I agree with Novell and AndyM about custumization and getting "the basics" right.

I wonder how the phones are tested. Lets say that SE wants to compete with a phone like the Nokia 3310. The SE entry level phones should be just as user friendly as the Nokia 3310. Part of it is menu speed and sms speed but most is just a bit more optimization on the navigation and interface logic. SE should test their phones with Nokia 3310 users and find a solution to virtually anything that the Nokia users don't like.
mkt
P900 no flip
PM
Posted: 2003-06-18 01:37
If we have to live with the "big clock", i think good idea would be changing screensaver whenever u get sms or missed cal - i.e. big envelope instead of big clock (or somewhere above or beneath it) when new sms comes.

My private opinion is, SE has to learn not only make best mobiles on the market (same sentence in reviews whenever new SE comes) but has to try also to make most popular. No software improvments can help SE sales if they forget about marketing and stuff
b-chill
T39 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-06-18 03:06
First of all, thank you for your positive comments. it is really apprichiated

Update: SE Customer Care has updated the case, which means that they are "at standby", waiting for my "report"

at last somthing about the design. That is a matter of opinion. someone said that sony is spending a lot of money researching in design. I agree. I find a lot of Sony products attractive.
But I think it is hard for SE to get a common stamp when it comes to design.
I'll say they have to look in the car industry. alot of the prototype cars have an innovative design. i looked at cars, and then tried to make some scetches of SE phones with these straight lines combined with oblique angels.
I think the phone is something you can go exploring just by looking at it. it should be explored.
Just my opinion, what do you think?
pachy
P990 no flip
PM
Posted: 2003-06-18 04:36
My idea of a perfect phone would be my P800 but with these changes;
In order of importance,

1.The abillity to have TWO live sims

2.More organic shape (Like t68).

3.The use of "Rubbery surface" (like t68 battery) to greatly help with grip.
4.A removable basic "phone" with one line display & keypad that comes away from the main PDA phone as a tiny basic phone to take with you when doing a high risk task.
5. Voice recognision for sms writing (i do know this is not an easy request).

dw
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-06-18 08:33
On 2003-06-17 18:55:24, Novell wrote:
>One-button access to Last Dialled Numbers from standby mode e.g.,

You can do this even in T68i

>Ability to send name and number(s) to other people

You can do this also.

>Easy access to change profiles is also important.

Well you can have it with one joystick move now thats easy!

>3. Make the battery-saving mode more useful

Well it would be ok if it told the date also along with the clock
I don't mind pressing + or - button on the side to
be able to see it though it makes sence to save battery.
Also using the led for signaling diffrent events would be great.

>- Longer battery life, minimum 3-5 days on regular/heavy use.

SonyEricsson has been alot better then Nokia when it comes
to battery times imho. I had 3 Nokias before I got a and
all of them had shorter talktime/standbytime.
Almost every friend of mine has Nokias and all of them have alot
less batterytimes on their phones.
But in general I can agree improving the batterytime is always
important/good so no argue there.

>- More memory. With camera, minimum 4MB is needed especially if 1 pic uses 50k.

I totally agree more memory and better filesystem.

>- High visibility screen in bright sunny day.

Well this problem ain't a one really its every manufacturer that
makes use of colors in their displays (try using a portable computer outside a sunny day) but sure if could comeup with new tech for
this that would be great since noone else seems to have it.

>- User interchangable faceplates (for scratches, dents, dust as well as fashion).

Then the quality have to be alot better then the Nokias way of having
interchangable faceplates cause I hate how bad fit there always was
on my earlier phones and how much dust that got in the phone.
So I would really think twise before buying a phone with interchangable faceplates again.

>- Better looking phones. Most SE phones are a big turn-off (except t68 & T610).

Well lets hope they learn of the success of T68 and T610 they really
are greate looking phones ones you seen/used them irl.
Yomans
T68i
PM
Posted: 2003-06-18 09:17
They could put into their phones open source software (Linux , freeBSD) so their phones would be fully customizeable by user . It would be cool that you could change menu structure or anything else on your phone .

This message was posted from a T68i

Arre
S700
PM
Posted: 2003-06-18 09:49
Hello b-chill!
it was a very good idea to contact SE. I´m new at this site.
I WANT: Faster menus
Smaller phones
Better screens ( like 262.000 colours)
Megapixelscameras with videorecording.
Better polyphonics ( like 64 sounds)
True tone ( So that you can have a real song as a signal)
Thinner and lighter phones
Superadvanced-phones( like the neonode N1)
A rugged Underwater-phone.
Speakerphone.
SE must have things that the other companies don´t have!
So that SE can expand their marketshare.
T610 isn´t enough!
GET A LIFE! GET A sony ERICSSON!
Triple_8
K700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-06-18 09:57
First of all! NOKIA phones are UGLY!!! Especially the last ones! Only women and 12 year old children can own them, cause they are just blinking and colourfull c$%p. I don't need interchangeble faceplates if my phone will fall apart like Nokia.

I think that T610 is the best phone ever for a man that knows what design is. You must not say anything bad about it before you actually see it, after that you will not even think about saying something like that!

Joystick is the most advanced thing there is except the Sony JogDial. I will never buy S55 just because of that.

For me, the most important thing I want, is glitch free memory, so I could delete all the predefined stuff. And it would be very nice if 10 kb took 10 kb, not 30.
k700 [r2ae033] hbh-660, hch-30, cla-11, car-100, dss-25, mpf-10, cds-11, ice-25, ilp-20, ibt-20
Ã’610, 3*z200, t310, Ã’3*0, Ã’100, hpb-20 - family
billionton usbbtc1a, tekram 410u, winxp.
ipaq 2210+1gb cf | bt-gps emtac cruxii | dcu
Footstep
T68i
PM
Posted: 2003-06-18 10:15
I just repost the links to "my" Bug-/Improvements list:

English:
ASCII-Format: http://members.tripod.de/webcrasher/t68/improvements.txt
MS-Word-Format: http://members.tripod.de/webcrasher/t68/improvements.doc

German:
ASCII-Format: http://members.tripod.de/webcrasher/t68/verbesserungsvorschlaege.txt
MS-Word-Format: http://members.tripod.de/webcrasher/t68/verbesserungsvorschlaege.doc
Don't wait for the first bug-free Nokia phone; life's too short!
Lars
T610
PM
Posted: 2003-06-18 10:31
@Foorsetp: wow a huge list indeed. looks like its a whole list for all SE phones?

@b-chill: may i know what kind of report will you be sending to SE? in terms of new phone design and usability or an update for firmwares?

thanks.
Beavis: This thread sucks.
Butthead: Not as much as the one who wrote it.
Beavis & Butthead: He he he he.
suzy
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2003-06-18 10:41
I just want to say I think this is one of the best and most useful threads I have seen on Esato.

Some really good ideas have been put forward.

I went from SE to Nokia because I found the new SE phones ugly.

I hope you are listening and making notes SE. You would need to pay ££££ to get feedback like this on a research panel.

Bye guys xx

[ This Message was edited by: suzy on 2003-06-18 09:46 ]
dragontrumpetare
T300
PM
Posted: 2003-06-18 11:08
I've got an idea when it comes to sending messages. Wouldnt it be easier if you just pulled the Joystick up or down, so that you got into the phonebook and then klick on the button below yes ( dont know the name on it) and get up a menu where you could choose to call, send MMS, send SMS and e-mail. If you choose call, all the numbers for that person will appear. If you choose SMS, MMS or e-mail, the phone will open up a window so that you can write a message? I think a brand allready has that feature allready... But its a good feature.
The Truth is out there!!!
Footstep
T68i
PM
Posted: 2003-06-18 13:19
@Lars
The list is for the T68i but as several Improvements are unrealistic, they can use it for future models (if you search, you'll find some improvements in the T610). But I really hope that they'll correct the bugs.
Don't wait for the first bug-free Nokia phone; life's too short!
BOBB
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2003-06-18 14:35
On 2003-06-18 14:32:30, BOBB wrote:
I would invitate when SE made flash accessories to the phone T300 or Camera MCA-25 so the photos would be in better quality.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi