Esato

Forum > General discussions > Non mobile discussion > eBay - thread to discuss account problems & why we have more than one account!

Author eBay - thread to discuss account problems & why we have more than one account!
defensive
K750
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-11-23 17:50
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
well title says it all, there's been a few people lately having problems with eBay and their accounts so has this ever happened to you? what did you do about it if so? also do you have more than one account or don't you use eBay at all!

I'll start by saying that I have two regular eBay accounts & also a couple of others, for reasons not to be disclosed lol

Also I have had many problems with eBay and mainly PayPal not giving refunds when people don't send items etc. & I've had enough so rarely use eBay these days because of past experiences! [addsig]
maddav
P1
PM
Posted: 2005-11-23 19:56
Not really an account problem, but I'd like everyone here to be aware of this e-mail I just got from "ebay", that is quite clearly a scam, more precisely an attempt at phishing.

Date: 2005/11/23 Wed PM 05:19:50 GMT
To:
Subject: A13 TKO NOTICE: Account Billing Error

batesie
T66 black
PM
Posted: 2005-11-23 20:08
yes never go through to ebay via links on these email, but by entering www.ebay.co.uk into a new internet explorer window.

[addsig]
Sammy_boy
C510 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-11-23 20:11
I get loads of those 'phishing' emails!

I've just opened a second Ebay and second Paypal account for my little experiment, buying a damaged phone, fixing it, reselling it and using the (hopeful) profit to buy a better phone to fix.
"All it takes for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke

axxxr
K700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-11-23 20:17
I don't think ebay is doing near enough to control fraud...their making millions in profit yet fraud seems to be growing and nothings being done.

I think there should be some external body watching over online auction sites and if they dont deliver shut them down,harsh yes but harsh works to get the message across. [addsig]
lamont
W950 Blue
PM
Posted: 2005-11-23 20:18
is it possible to open another paaypal account with the same card?
[ img ] http://a-zott.com/images/A-ZoTT%20Userbar%20Gold.gif [ /img ]
kk.226
Aino Black
PM
Posted: 2005-11-23 20:26
Quote:

On 2005-11-23 20:17:12, axxxr wrote:

their making millions in profit

... exactly.... what else matters to them?

Sammy_boy
C510 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-11-23 20:42
Quote:

On 2005-11-23 20:18:22, lamont wrote:
is it possible to open another paaypal account with the same card?

Sadly not - or with the same bank account. I've had to use my saving account for the bank account, and mine and my girlfriend's joint credit card for the card, though putting any money on that will lead to my dying horribly!
"All it takes for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke

lamont
W950 Blue
PM
Posted: 2005-11-23 20:59
lol via castration!
[ img ] http://a-zott.com/images/A-ZoTT%20Userbar%20Gold.gif [ /img ]
Rokin#128
S700
PM
Posted: 2005-11-25 13:58
People come on, it is sooooo easy to scam people with phising mails as the users are usually dumb enough to actually respond to them.
This is actually a BIG problem for ebay exactly because of people like you turning their backs on them the moment problems arise. There is not much ebay can do about them but respond on tips they get from users.
I always forward phishing mails to ebay and i get a different reply from them everytime, thanking me and telling me they're persuing it.
Furthermore, EVERY online auction site EVER will encounter similar system problems/scam-buyers/scam-sellers/phishers.

If they've (temporarily) suspended your account it could be either they've made a mistake (happens everywhere) or something is indeed wrong, and they might have just saved your credit.

@axxxer: Closing them down? Ever heard of "competition"?
If it gets too bad, people will switch to a 'better' competitor. If they don't, well.. free will's a b!tch.

(\__/)
( O.o )
( > < ) On to world domination!
Sammy_boy
C510 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-11-25 14:09
Silly question, but what's the email address for forwarding phishing emails to Ebay?

I might send a few of the load I've recieved recently!

Edit: And some of them are getting quite advanced, I got one, and with the email open, I hovered the mouse over the 'login' link. It usually points to some random IP or web address, often to an Eastern European country, but one of them actually pointed to an address that looked very genuine, even down to being an 'https' secure site!!

General rule of thumb is not to click links on emails, period. Log into your account and do whatever needs doing from there.

My Ebay AuctionsI'M BACK!! Nok 7650, LOTR tr

[ This Message was edited by: Sammy_boy on 2005-11-25 13:11 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi