Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > GPRS, WAP, MMS and Email setup > bypass SP with public WAP gateway!

Author bypass SP with public WAP gateway!
gomichaelkgo
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2002-02-01 17:03
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
You don't have to be limited by your Service Providers wap gateway. Some service providers have blocked certain sites because they don't want their users viewing the content. This sucks, and completely goes against the point of the wireless web. I have found several public wap gateways that have worked, though none have been able to view mobile.msn.com. My service provider has blocked MSN because of a partnership they have with AOL.

To use a public wap gateway, go to Wap Services, WAP Settings, and choose a new profile. Then, you may rename it and change the homepage to whatever you would like. Most importantly though, choose Gateway, and then IP Settings.

Connect using a WORKING data account. Set the IP address to one of these which worked at the time of this posting:

waptunnel.com 207.232.99.109
Ericsson : 193.95.167.178

I believe that the username and password are both blank.

I can only use the public gateways with my circuit switched data account. There is some kind of incompatability with my service providers GPRS settings and these wap gateways. I am not sure if it will be the same for you or whether these will work at all, but it's worth a shot, eh?

[ This Message was edited by: gomichaelkgo on 2002-04-25 07:46 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi