Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > What features you love but T68 does not have????

12  Next
Author What features you love but T68 does not have????
mathmos23
S700
PM
Posted: 2002-02-02 19:35
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I noticed 8 of them :

1) Harmonic ringtones (with extra speaker like panasonic GD93,GD95, Sony J5,Z7,J7)
2) Own Ringtone recorder (like the above models
3)Currency converter (calculator)
4)Not only Key-lock but Pin-lock should be great too (when switched on)
5)Blue led blinking when using IR and not only for Bluetooth
6)Create folders for storing your SMS (Folders with names you specify (like Nokia 6210,6310 etc)
7)Ask where to save contact (SIM OR PHONE)
8.)Vibrating games like SONY z5 (this gives some interactivity like force-feedback )

That are the features I would like to see in Ericsson T68

What are yours?

[ This Message was edited by: mathmos23 on 2002-02-02 19:35 ]
Roberto
P800
PM
Posted: 2002-02-02 19:52
Hi Mathmos23! How is our friend Ben82? I hope he now realize what he has done. Selfish people don't have any place here!
And I hope he now know how to use small letters, he always forgot his caps lock on.

Features I want in T68
1. More ringing tones
2. In the call list, Add 'Save number' when pressing option button.
3. Photo album, more picture background
4. Animated icon like in T39
5. Different tones when receiving message
6. Currency converter
7. In alarm, add snooze.
8. 65,000 color screen

Generally okay.

[ This Message was edited by: Roberto on 2002-02-02 19:53 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Roberto on 2002-02-02 20:12 ]
arroyootje
C902 Black
PM
Posted: 2002-02-02 20:11
I believe it actually DOES have the snooze option on the alarm...it's thanks to that that I'm on time for work every morning...:0)

I would like it to:
1. be able to save numbers easier
2. be MUCH faster
3. live up to its 'status' battery-time
4. currency converter

c u
musicear
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2002-02-02 21:29
1)FASTER MENUS!!!!
2)Polyphonic ringtones

Ti ennoeis PIN lock matmos23?
Giati an pas stis rithmiseis,meta kleidwmata kai meta automato kleidwma kai epilekseis energo,meta prepei na vazeis to PIN kathe fora pou to anoigeis.Den kserw an ennoeis auto pantws.

RANDYC
T610
PM
Posted: 2002-02-02 23:16
What i think will be great is to have the t68 with a slot for a memory card ( MMC or SD ) and likewise to have it java compliant just like siemens sl45i so we can download apps, tones and logo by the dozen and tinker with it. If this was the case then t68 wil be supremo over the other brands..

cheers
mathmos23
S700
PM
Posted: 2002-02-02 23:29
Hi Roberto ... Accually Picture Phonebook will be supported on March's FW R2B. You will be able to store up to 50 backgrounds. As for the animated buttons....you will be able to upload animated GIFs to take place the screensaver

Musicear
When I say Pin Lock I mean .... When you enable Key-lock noone will be able to access the phone without typing a code
You mean Sim-lock which I know how to enable that . Panasonic are the only ones which can lock the phone while there are switched-on.

When composing a new sms you can add some sounds...Cool small sounds....It could be a good idea to use these as sms-alert sounds.
!!!!!ERICSSON!!!!! WHY NOT?????
([{MathmoS 23}])
andy4
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-02-02 23:36
Hi ,iwould love to have world time capability like the sony j5 j6 j7.I know it has auto time function but,instead of gmt+1 hour,gmt+5hours etc.Why not,NEW YORK,PARIS BOSTON,MUNICH,BANGKOK ETC.It would be a useful feature ,say you wanted to call someone in australia,press the country,city and the time is in front of you.Most offices and banks around the world have about six clocks in the citys to determine what time is abroad.I for one cant understand why the gmt+ or- is on the phone kinda wierd,anyone else agree or am i mad.Iposted this on tsixtyeight.com and it got deleted.
ferrarista44
P800 no flip
PM
Posted: 2002-02-03 01:39
yah, the there are only two message tones...

and the menus are slow....

and yah, the blue LED for infrared too....

exchangeable covers..... so you could change yours once it gets to f** up.

ya, easier methods of saving numbers....

Cheys_007
K700
PM
Posted: 2002-02-03 12:44
RANDYC:

I very much like the idea of memory expansion of some description, maybe MMC would be the best, as they are so small ! Maybe I coulod hot-wire some in. *licks fingers and applies to phone*
nudel
T68 gold
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-02-07 19:24
I've just got a T68 today after umming and ahhing about whether to get one or not.

It has some great features but there's one thing that I am going to miss from my previous phone, the Sony CMD-J6:

When writing SMS using T9 predictive text it would show a list of matches in a line at the bottom of the screen which you could scroll through.

This is MUCH better than having a button which iterates through all the matches one at a time. (At least the T68 tells you how many there are in total, I guess). With them in a list which is always visible you can see very easily if the word you're trying to type is there and it's faster having them in a list than having to read one word at a time. You can also see the word you want coming up and stop in time (or go back) rather than have to iterate through again because you accidentally pressed the button again due to being so used to pressing it.

I haven't seen this feature on any other phone but it's something which really should be standard on all phones in my opinion.

(I know that the T68 can display a list of candidates but to get to it you have to press quite a few buttons so it's totally pointless in my opinion.)

I've currently got T9 turned OFF and am trying to learn to write SMS using the volume up/down switch to get directly at the 2nd and 3rd letters on the number keys. This seems like a good idea and potentially faster than any kind of T9 but I don't think it has been implemented very well because it's often difficult to get two letters on the same key. Hope I'll get used to that. It's also annoying that s is the fourth letter so to get it you have to do an r and press 7 again.

Oh yeah, the other thing I don't like is the trademark Ericsson annoying flashing LED. WTD do I need something flashing for, trying to attract my attention to the fact that it's working normally and doing nothing at all that I care about??? I've never understood that!

It's great to have all the cool features of the phone, though. I really missed having decent games (the CMD-J5 / J6 games all *TOTALLY*SUCK*) and the T68 certainly delivers there.

[ This Message was edited by: nudel on 2002-02-07 19:27 ]
mpakakos
T68i
PM
Posted: 2002-02-07 19:56

I would love the most if T68 could get an extra memory.

...for examle MemoryStick from Sony!
SunnySO
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2002-02-07 20:13
1) The service LED can turn off
2) enable add shortcuts to the option key (I mean on the stand by screen, when you press the key under YES)
SunnySO
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2002-02-07 20:15
OR when you press the joystick down (arrow down) go to phonebook. Press it up direct go to shortcut menu.
SunnySO
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2002-02-07 20:23
automatic changing Profiles. That means once you set this function on. It will automatic change to Office Profile @5:00(or between 9:00 to 17:00). of cause the time can be set by youself.
SunnySO
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2002-02-07 20:30
Can send pictures from computer(other phones) via IR/Cable or BuleTooth to Fun&Games>Pictures>My pictures
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi