Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > GPRS, WAP, MMS and Email setup > Updated: Working SyncML server

1234  Next
Author Updated: Working SyncML server
gomichaelkgo
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2002-02-13 00:11
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I have sucessfully sync'ed my calendar and address book with a free, public SyncML server!

To do so, I:

Went to http://www.truesync.com

Signed up for a demo account at: http://www.starfish.com/private/tscom/solutions.html

Then:

In Connect, Synchronization, Server Settings:
1) WAP profile: A working wap profile. I am not sure if some wap gateways will block this kind of data, so you might want to try waptunnel.com's public gateway if you get the "synchronization interrupted" message.

See this link for info about using a public gateway:

http://esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=1246&forum=14&0

2)Server User ID: (whatever user Id you signed up for in the free demo account)

3) Server Pwd: Again, whatever you singed up for at truesync.com

4) Server URL : "http://www.truesync.com/servlet/SyncML/"

5)Calendar Path : Path= "./Event/Events" UserId, Pwd = (blank)

6) Phonebook Path : Path= "./Contact/Unfiled" UserID, pwd leave blank as above

I did not make a mistake in entering "./" in front of the path names. Also, the path values are case sensitive, so if you see an "S", "M", or "L", you cannot enter them as "s, m, or l".

Do not include the quotes in the values as you input them into the phone. This may seem obvious, but I have gotten emails...

Note: After synchronizing, you will be able to see your contact and calendar information on the web site. I did notice that my "mobile" and "other" contact numbers did not make it through the transition.

I contacted starfish.com and let them know of this. They wrote me back and said it was a known issue with their web application, and to look for details about it being fixed. NB: Although the mobile and other contact numbers are not VISIBLE, they are sync'ed and stored.

Here is the truesync.com official setup instruction link:

http://www.starfish.com/private/tscom/syncml_setup.html

Good luck!
-Michael

[ This Message was edited by: gomichaelkgo on 2002-03-21 01:30 ]
santana
P990
PM
Posted: 2002-02-13 04:53
i'm having synorization interuppted....

Please help me!!!!
arnoldc
Sony Xperia V
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-02-13 06:52
@santana, your network operator's wap gateway may not allow such access, try a public wap gateway such as ericsson's or as suggested by the author, waptunnel.com.
ca_abarro
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2002-02-13 07:13
You did a great job!!! I've been searching for this info for the past few weeks! =)
ditzygal
S700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-02-13 07:33
This is great.... Thanks for the link. I noticed that it did not sync my mobile contacts, is that the phone or the web service? I also could not sync the Tasks???

Does anyone know how to get the T39m to synchronize with my corporate email from Outlook? I can sync with the extended systems software when connected with the DRS10, but how about over WAP?
arnoldc
Sony Xperia V
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-02-13 08:20
@ditzygal

That's the purpose of this StarFish demo. As a supporter of the SyncML initiative, they are hoping that portals, providers and operators will use their applications. You can buy StarFish's TrueSync software, connect it with Microsoft Exchange, and you can sync.
ditzygal
S700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-02-13 10:15
gomichaelkgo, can you assist in programming an alternate wap gateway/profile to a T68 mobile? You mention waptunnel as a free public portal.

My provider (Cingular) does not allow me to view T68 Color images. If I could program the waptunnel and access esato via waptunnel, I should be able to view the color images to wap download, right?

GPRS
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2002-02-13 10:43
i got errors! it says bad URL????
santana
P990
PM
Posted: 2002-02-13 11:35
dear arnoldc,

How do i configure the ericsson or waptunnel.com into my T68 phone. I still have to dial using my operator number.

help me plzzzz?

santana
gobrutz
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-02-13 17:49
To Gomichaelkgo and Ditzygal:
You did not get complete synchronization of your contacts because the phonebook path is wrong. If you go to the Contact folders of your internet PIM, there are only Personal, All and (rename folder) options. You either have to add a new folder named "Unfiled" or change the phone book path to "./Contact/Personal.

Note: The user ID and password on the Path menus need not be filled up. Only the server URL ID and password are important.
gomichaelkgo
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2002-02-13 19:09
Ditzygal &Santana, You may see this link for using a public wap gateway.

http://esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=1246&forum=14&

The only one working YESTERDAY was the waptunnel.com gateway and that is the only one, unfortunately, that does not support color. Does anyone else use the Ericsson public wap gateway successfully?

Gobrutz: After Sync, I have a folder called "Unfiled" on my Truesync Internet Planner.
blumx
P990
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-02-13 19:37
I used it and worked with standart GSM operators GPRS settings (Turkcell)

Thanx gomichaelkgo

~:Blumx:~

[ This Message was edited by: blumx on 2002-02-13 19:40 ]
Eric's Son
M600 black
PM
Posted: 2002-02-13 20:52
Hi I have tried to use the public gateways and my operators gateway, both don't work they come up with 'Syncronization interupted'. Why is this? How can I get around this?

Eric's Son
gomichaelkgo
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2002-02-13 21:49
Eric's Son:

I had been getting this message until I tried using a dialup connection. I am not sure if that is what fixed it, as I was subsequently able to use my serivce provider's connection. It's either:

A) A limitation with your service provider
B) Try power cycling your phone?
C) Try waiting a while, it may be that your truesync.com account isn't immediately accessible?

All of these scenarios seem unlikely, but one never knows. I have no idea why I wasn't immediately able to successfully sync and then I had no problem.
Merkur
K700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-02-14 01:53
Wow! This is cool!

I see one problem with this page tough. I cannot find an option to let the program sort names in a list by First name, Last name, not Last name, First name.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi