Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > little help pzzz

Author little help pzzz
bahraini
Sony Xperia Z5 Compact
PM
Posted: 2001-12-11 22:39
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
first i want to thanx all the ppl who helped me , and never said no, specialy im very nre in this thing im trying to learn , then help..
so , im trying with photoshop 6 , but still dont know how to make back grounds for t68 , or logos..
so can anyone help me on this or send me a site learning how to do it..??
with all my thanx

jeph
wapster
T68 gold
PM, WWW
Posted: 2001-12-11 23:01
Just a suggestion, if you want an easy tool to make bakground images, why not use Ericssons MyPicture?

Downloadable from SonyEricssons website or from www.wapster.nu
MO
K800 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2001-12-11 23:49
OK. You wanna try with Photoshop... Here's a little tutorial on how to do it:

1. Surf the web for a picture that you like, and save it to your harddrive (by right-clicking on it and choose "Save Picture As")

2. Open the picture in Photoshop

3. The picture has to be 101x80 pixels so you have to go to the "Image"-menu and choose "Image Size". In here you set the width and height of the picture so that it not exceeds 101 pixels in width and 80 pixels in height.

4. After you have set the picture size you could play with some filters. The "Sharpen" filter often makes the picture a little bit clearer and thereby gets a little bit better on the T68.

5. Now it's time for saving the picture. Go to the "File"-menu and choose "Save For Web". Here you will be able to define in which format the picture should be compressed. Choose GIF and try changing the amount of colors that the picture shall have (between 16-256 colors) By this you can see how big the GIF-file is going to be. If you are planning to upload your picture to this site (and thereby get access to it via wap) it should not exceed 3000 bytes. If you only are going to use it for yourself it can be about 8000-10000 bytes

6. After you have saved it you can upload it to your phone via Wireless Link or SendFile or whatever you're using.

Good Luck

[ This Message was edited by: MO on 2001-12-11 23:52 ]
jh67
S700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2001-12-11 23:58
I'll try to explain what I do :

I use Photoshop 5.0,..that doesnt really make a difference.
---------------------------------------------

For example:
lets say you have a JPG.picture, that you want to use as a background image on T-68.

First,..the picture must be 101x80 pixels.
The picture you want to use might be bigger than that.
Do this by RIGHT-CLICKING on the picture's blue-bar on top. Here you can resize the image (IMAGE-SIZE) or (CANVAS-SIZE).

When this part is done,..the picture still might not be 101x80. Use for example the CROP-TOOL in the tool-bar to the left.

After this,..you have the small image, in the correct size. So maybe the colors need to be brighter,..go to the TOP-menu called FILTER,..here you can use the filter called : SHARPEN.
------------------------------------------
Now we need to convert the image to GIF.format from JPG.

This means we DO NOT use the option "SAVE AS".
INSTEAD go to FILE (in top-menu) and scroll down to EXPORT...GIF 89A EXPORT (use this one)

Now you get an option:
USE PALETTE : ADAPTIVE
Here you can set colors from 8-256 colors.
Try for example 128 colors,...and push PREVIEW.
Then you get to see how the picture will look.
Press OK.
Press OK again,..
then the picture will be saved in 128 colors.

This procedure can be done several times, just click EXPORT, every time you want to save the picture with different color-settings.
Make for example 3 samples of the same picture, BUT with different color-settings.
(one with 255 colors, one with 128 colors, one with 64 colors).
This is done to check how big (in kilobyte) the pictures are. So you can compare them to each other. And see which one you should use.

If you saved the pictures to a folder,.open folder,..and rightclick picture,..see options, here you can see the size of the picture (how many (kb)kilobytes)

---------------------------------------------
If you transfer the picture to the phone by infrared,..then the pictures can be up to 8 kb.
If you transfer the picture to the phone by wap,..they can only be 3 kb.

If the pictures are to be used by WAP, they might still be to big in kb, then just make a new one, only using 32 colors or less.

Use pictures that are clear and sharp in colors,..and not to many colors mixed up.
Clear sharp simple pictures,..thats the best solution, and you'll get the best result.
You have a maximum of 256 colors, and that's not a lot, really

-------------------------------------------

If you want to make sure how the picture looks on the T-68,..then you should use the "MYPICTURES for T-68" program from Ericsson.
This program contains the colors of the T-68's screen/display. It means the exact 256 colors that is used in the T-68.

If you have the program : open it and import one of the pictures, you just made in photoshop.

The colors of the original picture might not be the "correct colors" for the T-68. But we can change this, by doing the following :

Use the button in MYPICTURES called COLOR DITHER.
(this transforms the colors on your picture to the T-68 colors).

Now its finished !
--------------------------------------------

MYPICTURES for T-68 program can be downloaded from:

http://wap.sonyericssonmobile.com/d.asp?s=901920707

go to : SOFTWARE : Ericsson software : scroll to T-68,..and then you get a new window where you can download MyPictures program.

Hope this will help you

Jan
MO
K800 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2001-12-12 00:14
Nice tutorial Jan

But there is a little difference in saving pictures in GIF-format, in the two versions.

In Photoshop 5.0 you export you pics with the Export function but in Photoshop 5.5/6.0 there is a new function called "Save For Web"...

So I think this little tutorial you made could confuse the guy a little bit.

So here is what to do. Follow Jan's tutorial and use the Save procedure from my tutorial...

Danish Team Work

[ This Message was edited by: MO on 2001-12-12 00:16 ]
jh67
S700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2001-12-12 00:22
Hehe ok,..didnt really think about that.
Actually used 6.0 some time ago,..but didnt think about this part at all

BTW MO,..are you by any chance one of the guys from "Mobildebat.dk" ?
Just wondered

Jan
MO
K800 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2001-12-12 00:32
Have been there a copule of times and check it out sometimes. I like this much more though

This is a very nice site. But yes, I have seen a couple of you and Claus' discussions with Wils
bahraini
Sony Xperia Z5 Compact
PM
Posted: 2001-12-12 01:34
thanx all of u guys for this help:)
it worked with me , i will try more with it,
and try to learn more , and wait for me..
ill upload some pics for u:)
or may not u , cuz u can do anything u want..
for other ppl
thanx alot
jeph
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi