Esato

Forum > General discussions > Rumours > Yuga/Odin Design

Author Yuga/Odin Design
XperiaJunkie
Sony Xperia Z
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-12-13 14:32
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Anyone else a little bit confused as to why Sony would be using a glass front and back on the new Yuga and Odin. It is a well known fact the the iPhone 4/4S had its fair share of problems with the glass front and back I know there are rumors saying the glass will be Dragontrail (same as the Xperia Active) which is very tough glass but Apple also had that claim too however most iPhones that have been dropped or knocked had some sort of crack in the glass.
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2012-12-13 14:51
I just hope that they learn from Apple's mistake. What is the point of owning one of the world's slimmest smartphones if you have to put a big ugly rubber band around it?
XperiaJunkie
Sony Xperia Z
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-12-13 14:57
The Odin has a thickness of around 9.7mm according to leaked reports so adding a bumper/case will only add to the thickness and the width
I'm so happy 'cause today
I've found my friends ...
They're in my head
vivftp
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2012-12-13 16:57
Dragontrail glass + shatterproof sheets on the front and back should make it pretty damned durable.

My older X10A with a shatterproof sheet has taken a couple dozen drops from several feet onto everything from concrete to carpet, and it's still working perfectly. Yuga/Odin should be even better!
XperiaJunkie
Sony Xperia Z
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-12-13 17:56
Also does anyone know what "Digital Touch" is regarding the Odin it has been mentioned a few times in previous leaks wonder if it has something to do with Sony's sensor on lens tech
I'm so happy 'cause today
I've found my friends ...
They're in my head
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi