Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Symbian phones > P800 enhanced camera confirmed for UK!

Author P800 enhanced camera confirmed for UK!
dave2qj
P800
PM
Posted: 2003-03-04 10:53
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
And you guys sure know how to make someone feel welcome by calling new members liars when they post something they feel may be of some interest to others . Don't worry, I won't stick around in your elite little forum for long.
Andy_P
P900 no flip
PM
Posted: 2003-03-04 11:40
Jesus this is getting silly...

I agree with Dave.. for some random person to dispute the email because he didn't put "hi" at the bottom really turns this into a sh*te thread.

Weeks before this was mentioned, I knew that to be the name of the manager at the eshop (through my dealings with them) and I think the email looks geniune, even if maybe misguided.

As the things are arriving today, can't we just ignore this childish squabble and just see?

Im actually stunned at how pathetic that post was... Proves how many kids are getting their hands on P800s
ninnos01
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2003-03-04 12:32
Maybe this will help...
http://www.mobil.se/nyheter/visa.asp?id=6355&sid=1

It's in Swedish, according to a member of the french forum "P800.fr.st",
(vad78) which translate it :

A new firmware will be available during april and it will change the following : Improving the software for better pictures, improving bluetooth connection and a new version of UIQ.
And a cherry on the cake : Possibility to make ourselves the upgrade...

Hope this will calm down everybody

ninnos01
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2003-03-04 13:50
An other translation : http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?s=b28d9cab966ba5945d79a157e91be0eb&threadid=105082
nigelot1
P900 no flip
PM
Posted: 2003-03-04 13:58
stick around dave2qj

I got this newsletter from my-symbian today and it mentions your e-mail

Rumours have also been spreading regarding a possible camera upgrade for the Sony Ericsson P800, which are said to include a Digital Zoom and a 'Night Mode' much like the feature on the Nokia 7650. An email said to be from the Manager of the Sony Eshop UK states that they should be getting the new and improved units in any day now, but another email from a Customer Service person tell differently. Smells a bit like vapourware to me, although it would be a brilliant add on, but there is always that question in the back of my mind.Another world exclusive in an everyday email to a customer, I doubt it.

A slightly nicer response to your post

People (who responded in an unpleasant way to your post) have probably already bought and paid a lot for the P800 and cant stand the idea of the phone being 'better' now, they are just kids (probably still at school)

Dont let them wind you up

[ This Message was edited by: nigelot1 on 2003-03-04 13:19 ]
mrNoodles
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2003-03-04 14:37
Im not at school!
And I just tired of silly rumour threads thats it!!

For gods sake why should release a "better" or modified P800 in the UK...

And it was him (if im correct) that started calling ppl names...
Andy_P
P900 no flip
PM
Posted: 2003-03-04 14:47
FFS... its not been said anywhere that this will be a hardware mod.

Surely it stands to reason from a marketting point of view to get the phone in as many peoples hands as possible, raise as much revenue as possible, then decide on how far to continue development.

I remember my t68 which is still on my desk here with R1b being upped to the MMS firmware... It made perfect sense then, as it does now.

I believe the answer will come either tomorrow or thursday when the eshop models are available.
mrNoodles
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2003-03-04 14:50
But still no proofs of anything...
Just a mail from some Eshop manager...
Zoidy
P800
PM
Posted: 2003-03-04 16:02
Blah Blah Blah. It's amazing how one post can get to 3 pages of posts!!

I guess we will all see what the P800 comes with on Thursday! Eshop definately have the first 50 UK P800's in their warehouse and wont ship until 5pm tonight. Should be delivered on Thursday.

Pete.
dave2qj
P800
PM
Posted: 2003-03-04 16:52
Just saying thanks to the more reasonable members of the forum here, it's good not to be slandered!

Was quite annoyed for a while but you've made me happy enough again. I was only posting an interesting email to the public arena, at first I took it as fact but now we can all wait and see, we'll know by Thursday.. actually Justin's to phone me today about my order so I'll just ask him!

Cheers!

d.

Ps: At risk of sounding childish- "mrNoodles", I may have actually called you a name first, but I'm unapologetic as you created the inference that I was a rumour starting liar not to be trusted. Obviously I would never have expected anyone's blind trust, however you went further. My anger was only a responce to your 'lovely' posts.
jplacson
Sony Xperia P
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-03-04 17:03
right now... night mode isn't on the top of my list, neither is digital zoom (640x480 on digital zoom is horrible)... I want video recording!!! Come on Sony's Clies can do it!!!!

Oh, night mode... no thanks!!! I just want new Flash accessory to work with my P800!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D!!!!
mrNoodles
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2003-03-04 18:11
No offense taken, didnt even saw you call me something - just some other in this thread.

Oki I admit my first post in this thread maybe wasnt the nicest either!!

[ This Message was edited by: mrNoodles on 2003-03-04 17:14 ]
YellowCows
V800
PM
Posted: 2003-03-04 19:38
That's more like it!

I've been following this thread since its creation with a morbid fascination. I must say, I was a bit alarmed at the hostility here - first from the ppl suspecting Dave of rumour-mongering, and then from Dave himself in his rebuttal.

I just wanna say to Dave that although I understand his anger completely (who the hell wants to be called a liar, among other things, when they only want to share knowledge?), there really was no need for the put-downs and colourful language. It only antagonises people, leads to sling-matches (which it did, as we all witnessed), and it doesn't make for pleasant reading.

For the others who 'attacked' Dave (or simply voiced their disbelief too harshly), this is entirely un-called for. If you have doubts about a post, you are free to say so, there is absolutely no need to try and discredit the poster, or try to drown out his contribution - the language I've found on this forum (which I think is an EXCELLENT forum BTW) is the most abrasive I've come across yet, and I frequent 6-10 other forums regularly. Let's not discourage newbies from posting in fear of a backlash such as the tirade that was launched at Dave.

In case everyone's forgotten, we're talking about a MOBILE PHONE here, not politics or religion! In the grand scheme of things, it's really not that important if the P800 has zoom, nightshot, High-definition digital recording or webcam capabilities- it's a PHONE!! We're all like-minded friends, let's act like it.
psikey
W960
PM
Posted: 2003-03-04 19:50
Well said! But the P800 is more a PDA with phone rather than a phone with PDA.

This message was posted from a P800

YellowCows
V800
PM
Posted: 2003-03-04 20:04
OK, psikey, nit-pick away m8 !
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic