Author Sony Ericsson Flash Promotion
peteribrahim
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2002-03-12 16:29
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Hmmm...

http://www.sonyericsson.com/cebit/

Click on 'experiences' at the top, and then launch the flash story.

If you hover over the bottom of the flash story, it brings up related links. For colour screen, T68 and T68I pop up, as does T68 for other things. For MMS though, T68 is nowhere to be seen. If that flash thing shows they're still promoting the T68, why bother to miss it out for MMS functionality?

Peter
Orka
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2002-03-12 17:33
Ok, this is just a flash promo. Is already known that is trying to give the T68i a special characteristic in order to promote it as a new product. T68 is exaclty the same with t68i. Here you can read the mail I recieved today about MMS and upgradability of the t68 to t68i:

Dear Sir or Madam,

Thank you for contacting Sony Ericsson on the World Wide Web.

We would like to inform you that, it will be possible to upgrade the Sony Ericsson mobile phone T68 to T68i. The upgrade is still not available.

We would like also to recommend you to visit Sony Ericsson web site www.sonyericsson.com where you will find information about mobile phones and accessories. A service center list is updated often in order to find the most convenient service center near your residence.
Finally, you can find the most frequently asked questions for all mobiles phones.

For any further information, do not hesitate contacting with Contact Center of Sony Ericsson at the following numbers:

Tel.: 0800-11-810810, (010) 9699900, (0310) 416666

Best regards,
C.Mimigiannis

Please contact Sony Ericsson Contact Center again if we can assist you further.
Contact Center
Sony Ericsson Mobile Communication International AB

Question:
Subject: Contact form CWS
Product: T68T68

Opinion: Hi!
I am a current owner of T68 and this is the second time writing an e-mail to you. The first reply you gave me was not so helpfull, so please be more specific (if it is possible) in the following terms:
Sonyericsson prommised through its site that t68 is MMS capable phone. Now t68i is already capable with improved software with many good features as I saw in your demo. Is there any or will be in the future, any software upgrade for the t68 with these features and when is going to be released? I am asking this cause many owners of t68 are really disappointed by sonyericsson's strategy and there are many rumors regarding this matter in internet's forums and chat rooms. I believe, it would be good idea for the image of your company to make at least an official statment that t68 is capable of MMS and the rest features t68i already has, or not and of course the realease date, if such software is going to be released. In this way, everybody will be happy and of course the rumors will stop.
Thank you for your time!

That is the original mail and the answer I recieved. Hope some people, will stop speculating and spreading rumors, though, this is an already known fact.... Anyway.

lor
P910
PM
Posted: 2002-03-12 17:37
yep, good job [addsig]
laffen
Sony Xperia Z5 Compact
PM
Posted: 2002-03-12 17:47
I'll add it to the FAQ
Epedemic
Z1010
PM
Posted: 2002-03-12 17:50
vary nice...
luwi
Sony Xperia ZL
PM
Posted: 2002-03-12 17:59
@ ORKA
Good Job!!! Thanks for the info. At least the rumours might stop now regarding the capability of T68 for MMS. We can finalized that T68 = T68i. Only the cover is different. Thanks again.

" T68 is the BEST!"

[ This Message was edited by: luwi on 2002-03-12 18:00 ]

[ This Message was edited by: luwi on 2002-03-12 21:23 ]
Orka
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2002-03-12 21:28
Thank you all my friends. Hope to be helpful to you.

vincentcloud
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-03-13 13:31
when is the release date for next T68 software in Asia Pacific? (MALAYSIA OR SINGAPORE)
dinopio
P800
PM
Posted: 2002-03-14 16:22
i heard a guy that has contacts in SE that the firmware will be out very soon...

I will get back to you when i know more
jns
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2002-03-14 16:29
I think its just commerical.. They want people to buy the t68i so they can say, look our new phone sells great... They promised us mms before so they must deliver...

This post was posted from a T68

roadrunner
T68i mineral
PM
Posted: 2002-03-23 19:21
Guys,
I hope the above information regarding T68=T68i is correct. Yesterday I walked to the local SonyEricsson guys (I work for Ericsson), and they told me that T68 (they call it trial terminals) can't be loaded with the commercial software. They call commercial what is preloaded to the T68i, that is afaik R2B011. The reason is that the hardware is different -again, that is what they said, and hope that they were wrong- at least it has more memory, and maybe a couple of other things, but they wasn't sure.

However I use the T68 since last november, the SW was called 1434 without any R1A/R2B/whatever before it, and it contained MMS already at that time for testing purposes, and it contained a couple of bugs as well.
Yesterday we flashed a couple of phones, my one is R1A115 at the moment, and we flashed one phone to R2B012, one above the T68i's are delivered with. Unfortunately we didn't have the file system, so no pictures, no sounds, no themes, and probably no games as well, but I didn't try the games yet. At the moment it seems to be working, but it is not tested at all, and the recommendation is not to do it. Next week or the week after we will test it, the reason is that there can be a difference how it handles:
-the MMS protocol messages (or MMSE as ethereal calls it)
-the pictures with size over 101x80 pixels
-the MMS messages sent from e-mail containing smil

I'll tell my experience with it later

cheers
roadrunner

P.S.:Sorry for the bad english, it's not my mother-tongue
mrNoodles
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2002-03-23 19:27
But can you explain how Per Alksten can say that the 2 models are exactly the same inside?
There are no such thing as bigger memory.
The phone uses a diffrent file system, which handles the memory in a better way!!

Come on give up!
roadrunner
T68i mineral
PM
Posted: 2002-03-23 20:52
"But can you explain how Per Alksten can say that the 2 models are exactly the same inside?"

Of course I can't. I don't even know him. I tell you that is what I heard and what I hope is wrong. May the force be with Per Alksten.

"The phone uses a diffrent file system, which handles the memory in a better way!! "

Yep, I heard this version as well, hope this is the truth, I'll be able to check it soon.

"Come on give up!"
Lol, this is just a phone, don't say you didn't think a couple of years ago that GH197 was a good thing. Let's live our lifes instead, it is saturday evening now.
Gnuig
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2002-04-18 04:51
If the 2 phones are the same inside...

would it not be possible to flash the T68m with the new T68i firmware(R2B025)???

I don't buy that the two phones have the same hardware from what I have read so far. Ericsson may say different, but I'm sure they must have made some improvements since T68m.

Are we (all T68m users) just geniepigs?!?! I do have some problems with my phone as it is now, but I also have faith in SonyEricsson to correct these problems.

Please comment!

Also see my other post:
http://www.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=4235&forum=2&21

Just a newbie wondering! (bigtime)

Cheers.
derton
P990
PM
Posted: 2002-07-30 18:11
High fellows,
I just wrote to Sony Ericsson and got the definite answer:

"T68 and T68i is identical except for the appearance (plastic cover) and software."

My question was:

"Is there a difference between T68m and T68i beside the look and the Software, which can be updated?"

So believe it or not but if you buy the T68i and pay 100 EUR more than for the T68m, than you have got enough money to pay for the new design.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi