Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > The T68m sells better then the new T68i

Author The T68m sells better then the new T68i
TeleSaint
K700
PM
Posted: 2002-04-05 09:20
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Just read an swedish article in Mobil.se (http://www.mobil.se/nyheter/visa.asp?id=4928&sid=1) and it says one of the largest Swedish phone reseller are selling MORE m's then the new i's.

What is up with that?

I have been wondering for some time if have done the right thing with "the best selling phone in the world". I must admit, I am not going to dissagre that the phone looks "plastic", "childish", "girly" or whatever you want to call it. But I like it, I think? But It's deffinetely not CLASSY. Now I'm partial to phones that have a metallic housing, like my old (CRAPPY) S40 and I liked the metal part on the m. In my oppinion the whole front should have been like this. Another thing, why the hell did they drop the plastic back?

Now mobile phones have become a "statement" for people, you now, businessman, 13 years old, classy etc. What does the (looks) of the i say about it's owner?

I'll be getting my new i on monday and if I don't like it, I'm going to send it back where it came from (yes I can do that and it won't cost me a thing) and go buy the old m instead. IF I do this, I think have really shit in their own soup, so to speak.

What have they done?

[ This Message was edited by: TeleSaint on 2002-04-05 09:22 ]
Bazboy
T68 gold
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-04-05 09:42
I quite like the new t68i.. i think its got... subtle looks.. ok some might say it looks girly.. but hey!! who cares!! I dont thats for sure... cos i know that that phone can, will and HAS whooped the a$$ of soooooo many other phones on the market.

Its bound to happen with the covers thing soon anyway, there are peeps selling the replacement covers (me for one!!) and well.. you will be able to change how it looks with the added benefit of having the latest sw in the phone. Im sure you can make it look like a t68m with the brain of a t68i. But whats the point in that?? Individuality means everything, so make it YOUR phone...

Still.. I think its a nice looking phone, and yes should NOT have got rid of that rubber backing thats on the t68m. its a great touch.

Baz
danne
T68i
PM
Posted: 2002-04-05 09:42
I can only talk for myself but i like the design of T68i best and for the moment itīs the best phone.
When i were in a store last week i heard the retialer trying to sell a T68m he didnīt said a word about T68i, i think they want to sell out the old one first.
Bazboy
T68 gold
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-04-05 09:44
The t68m will become a rare phone and the t68i will flood the market I think. And yes retailers will have to sell their old stock of t68ms first.

i too like the t68i so youre not the only one there mate.

Baz
allexdos
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2002-04-05 12:44
I dont think retailers or distributors have had any problems drying up their stocks for the T68m. The phone was always in excess demand and limited in stock. The average stock trunover period for most retailers were less thana few days which is VERY fast!

The T68i will definitely not sell as well as:

Not a completely new phone as T68m were at launch,
Colour scheme may not be to everyones' taste
Girly colours, manly feautures
More substitutues entering the markets e.g. T100 etc

Under these grounds, it is logical to predict that the T68m is a more popular phone than its new SISTER will be....
TeleSaint
K700
PM
Posted: 2002-04-05 14:01
It would be NICE of you could change the blue metal "earpiece" with the old grey one. Hey, you can! Damn it, A DAMN MANLY PHONE!
jr_rca
T600
PM
Posted: 2002-04-05 14:03
ericssons girly look?...i dont thinks so!!

nokia phones are more chidly, girly and also cheap in appearance especially those with the removable housings.

ericsson did a very good job with their designs especially with t28 and so forth with other T models
thib
T68i
PM
Posted: 2002-04-05 14:42
Well,

I always found the T68 to be a great phone but I really found it ugly. So I never went for it. Then came the T68i ... took me 2" to make up my mind, I simply love the look of this phone.

I guess that's just a question of taste and as we say in french : ' you don't discuss taste and colors'
jucame
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2002-04-05 15:29
Nothing like T68m, stylish, elegant and gold right now out of business,why pay 100 GBP more for a phone exactly the same as the one we already have? no way, to expensive for a plastic looks mobile
dal_l
P800
PM
Posted: 2002-04-05 16:11
I can imagine some retailers saying

(holding the T68m) see this? No MMS! No background pics!

(holding T68i) Ahhh, this is the new one with MMS! Picture album. 55 backgrounds .... See?....."

arroyootje
C902 Black
PM
Posted: 2002-04-06 07:08
I can imagine some retailers hiding the T68i in a box in the back and saying :

"No sir, this is the newest product on the market and we're not expecting anything else for a long time!"
And when you've left the store with your T68m, they'll be laughing at you! THAT'S what most retailers are like!!!

jucame
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2002-04-06 16:35
No problem for me on this I should take a T68m and update and have a much more nice and rare mobile If and only If I find another gold one
lebowski
P800
PM
Posted: 2002-04-07 00:28
I agree with thib, I also didn't like the looks of the t68m.
I bought it but sold it again. And then I saw pictures of the t68i and I knew that I had to have that one...
I don't think it's that girly.

I paid 350 euro (on ebay) for my t68m and now paid 569 euro for my t68i.
I think it is worth the difference.

now waiting for the p800
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi